A simple thick soup that you can try making!
Ingredients in this recipe-
For the broth:
Fishbones, prawn heads for the stock 150-250g
Garlic (washed) 3-5 cloves
Water, about 1liter
Salt 1/2 teaspoon (I’m using sundried salt from Busan, but you can use any kind of salt)
Other optional ingredients
1) Place the Fishbones, Prawn heads, and garlic in a pot of water and bring it to a boil.
2) Lower the heat to simmer the stock for 30min-45min
3) Discard the fish bones, prawn heads and garlic
4) Add in the pumpkin and cook at low heat for 20min
5) Pour the cooked pumpkin and the seafood-based stock into a blender and blend it into a puree
6) Return to pot and bring it to a boil, adding in the scallop and salt
A recipe that can be improvised very easily. Chicken stock, vegetable stock, can substitute the seafood stock. There are many packaged stock/broth in the market that can make the whole process so much faster (you can finish cooking the whole thing in under 30min this way) And if you like the pure unadulterated taste of pumpkin, you can even use water!
Pumpkin can be replaced with various root vegetables like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrot etc. You can even adjust the amount of water and/or vegetables to alter the thickness and intensity of the soup. Like a thicker soup? Add more of the vegetable of your choice. You can even mix chicken bones and prawn heads to make the stock. You can totally screw up the proportion of the ingredients and the soup will still turn up decent!
As for the optional ingredient, you can add in chicken pieces, mushrooms, mussels etc. It’s that versatile.
One basic thing to take note thou. Make sure the vegetables are soft before blending so the puree will come out really creamy.
Healthy home cooking does not have to be complicated or stressful. Just enjoy the process and you will be amazed by what you can churn out!