While osteoporosis and osteoarthritis are two very different medical conditions with little in common, they share similar coping strategies. With either or both of these conditions, many people benefit from exercise programs that may include physical therapy and rehabilitation. In fact, exercise is considered the most effective, non-drug treatment for reducing pain and improving movement in patients with such conditions.
1. Mobility – taking joints and muscles to full range of motion
2. Aerobic/endurance – improving heart and lung function while building stamina and reducing fatigue.
3. Weight-bearing strengthening – improve muscles strength and bone density. Strong muscles can protect and support the joints that are affected by arthritis.
4. Balance and stability – for fall preventions.
5. Posture improvement – to combat rounded shoulders, forward head, slumped back. These will reduce pain resulting from posture dysfunctions.
Below are testimonials written by my students who suffered from osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. They are now very functional in daily activities – jog, squats, dead hang, boxing!
“I have trained with many personal trainers in the past but none has matched up to Jasmine. She is knowledgeable, dedicated and a true professional. She customises programmes to suit my condition and has a deep understanding of my requirements. Always cheerful and encouraging, her sessions are well-planned, progressive and enjoyable. She combines different techniques and is striving to make me stronger, more flexible and physically confident. Excellent at gauging my limits and an eye for detail, she always knows how hard to push. I can now jog again, squat, and do a dead hang, amongst others! As a senior with osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, I am thrilled to bits with this improvement. Next up, boxing….! Thank you, Jasmine. You are a gem!“
“Jasmine has looked after my fitness and well-being for over 2 years. Initially focusing on Pilates to achieve a greater level of Strength and flexibility, our sessions have become far more holistic covering stretching, cardiovascular, strengthening and my absolute favourite, boxing! Being a gentleman of a certain age, Jasmine has been exceptional in finding “work arounds” to my physical challenges, such as sore joints from arthritis, as and when required. Our sessions are always productive and most importantly fun! I can strongly recommend Jasmine as a thoughtful and innovative trainer. She’s certainly got me back on track!“